Summer on the Seine July 14 – July 21, 2017
“When I go where Mary Kay recommends, I always find the beauty and charm…the magic…that I seek.” Alex Jones
Join me this summer for a one-week deluxe tour of Paris, the City of Light!
- Stay in a deluxe B&B in the heart of Paris: http://relais12bis.com/en/
- Enjoy a day at the Paris Jazz Festival in the beautiful Parc Floral: http://en.parisjazzfestival.fr/2/paris-jazz-festival/
- Watch the fireworks at the Eiffel Tower on Bastille Day just next door to our B&B: http://en.parisinfo.com/discovering-paris/major-events/bastille-day-in-paris
- Explore the Louvre and the other fabulous museums in Paris: http://www.louvre.fr
- Shop, explore, drink and dine in the various Arrondissements of the city: http://youngadventuress.com/2013/02/paris-arrondissements-guide.html
- Take a night cruise along the Seine on a warm summer evening: http://www.bateaux-mouches.fr
- Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower (and skip the long line): http://www.toureiffel.paris
- Explore the environs of Paris on a day trip to Versailles, Auvers-sur-Oise, Chantilly or Giverny
Exclusive & Almost All Inclusive: The fees will include your room, group lunches & dinners, museum entrance fees, transportation to and from the airport and on day trips, & a Metro pass! Airfare is not included.
This is going to be a very small group from 6 to 8 guests:
- No buses
- No being part of a tourist group led around with a flag
- No lectures
Just beauty, relaxation, dining, enjoying great wines, and having the most lovely time!
Prices: There are just five rooms at the B&B, so the fees vary depending on whether you come with a friend, spouse or lover, or just want a room all to yourself.
- Single Occupancy: $6000 (have a room to yourself)
- Double Occupancy: $5500 each (bring a friend, your spouse, your partner in crime; four rooms available)
- Triple Occupancy: $5000 each (bring two friends – only one room available for three)
A deposit of $2000 is due upon signing up to secure your spot. Payment in full is due 60 days before the beginning of the tour (May 14).
“My freshman year at the University of Washington I was lucky enough to join Mary Kay for one of the greatest experiences of my college years – a program that gave students the opportunity to learn about jazz in the city of light.
Mary Kay whisked us around Paris, giving us the freedom to explore on our own while also teaching us about the city’s history, culture, music, food and so much more. She knew all of Paris’s hot spots and guided us every step of the way. She was truly an outstanding mentor, tour guide, teacher and friend, and I would jump at the chance to travel with her again!” Anastasia Plotnikova
Some things to consider:
- Paris is a city for walking. Many places do not have accommodations such as elevators or escalators. Sidewalks may not have ramps. Rooms may not be equipped for disabilities. We will do a lot of traveling around the city on foot!
- There will be activities arranged each day for a full, but still relaxing day. This is not an education tour in that there are no scheduled lectures.
- France is the land of gluten! Croissants and bread are a staple of the French menu. Restaurants will not necessarily have gluten-free choices.
- Although I cannot be legally responsible for your safety, I will always be with the group or a phone call away. I will be staying in the same building with the guests on the tour, and will do my best to help you have the best stay possible. The owners of the B&B, a lovely French couple and their son, will also be on site everyday (serving us breakfast). They speak English and I speak fairly passable French, so between us we can handle any questions that come up.
- This is not going to be about partying all night or drinking until dawn (though, of course, you’ll be free to do that if you wish). On the other hand, we won’t be going to Disneyland, Paris, which is to say, this tour is not really geared toward children. This is, then, the perfect tour for an adult or couple who want to truly relax and not take on too much for their first trip to this amazing city, and who want to share their experience with a small group and not a huge tour bus full of strangers.
This is going to be a truly special trip! I will have a waiting list, too, but with only a few rooms, it will be first come, first served, so please reserve your spot ASAP.
For more information or to secure your spot, call me or email me at: email@example.com